Monday, September 16, 2013

Get well soon

After a long break, I finally sit on my craft table to create a card. It was difficult to gather my thoughts to find a design that I like. I tried to work with sketches but for some reason, I cannot do it. Maybe in time. 
I created a get well soon card by using Lawn Fawn On the Mend set. I really like lawn fawn stamps, they create nice, clear images on paper. I used patterned paper this time and I think they look okay. I had to cut the images, as I don't have the dies for it but now I am thinking to get some dies to match with the stamp sets. 

Bazill - Kraft paper
Recollections - Flower Garden patterned paper
Hero Arts - Tiny Ink Spots background stamp
Lawn Fawn - On the Mend stamp set
Ranger - Black Archival Ink


Thursday, May 9, 2013

Embossed and Stamped

I realized that I get brain dead with embossed cards. I cannot figure out how to use embossed cards. Since they create a strong background, in my opinion nothing works. The sentiment or the stamp needs to be subtle. I used Hero Arts leafy Vines - is my favorite now - as a background on the card. Note to self, first stamp then emboss :) It was not very clear image but it is ok. 

Playing with Colors

On this card, I wanted to play with colors a little bit. It was more for learning. I don't have the right tools for some techniques and that resulted in blotchy spots but I liked it. It shows that I was trying to fine what works. I stamped HA Leafy Vines background stamp in blue and purple color. It worked pretty good since I didn't want to have a strong image on the patterned paper. Then I decided to use the sponge applicator to blend some colors but I need to practice more on that. I had a butterfly at hand and adhered that on the corner with birthday sentiment. I think it does not look that bad. 


Simple Happy Birthday Card

I created a clean and simple birthday card today. I used HA Oriental Poppy digital stamp for the background. I printed that image onto Bazill white cardstock. I looked at various stamps I had and wanted to use that white space under the image. So I picked this stamp from Stampendous / Birthday Assortment. I tried different colors but black worked well. Something was missing and I realized I needed to embellish the card a little bit. I used small jewels on each side of the stamp. That was not enough, the line between image and the cardstock bothered me and I decided to to use a pink twine. All worked out wonderfully. It has been seven moths since I started and I am getting better at card making.


Friday, April 26, 2013

Love You Mom

Here is another card for mother's day but it is for my mother-in-law this time. I have been following Silhouette Plus forum last couple of days and I heard that there was going to be a sales in Sil store. I went over there and added this bird to my cart. I didn't want to use it as it and changed it into a sketched bird. I turned out nice but using a black pen for Cameo was a mistake, I could choose a lighter color or a colored pencil. After I sketched that little guy, I cut carefully around it. Branch came from another shape and cut out that part of it and sketched it with brown color pencil. I liked the way it turned out, it looks softer. I saw the sentiment on the Sil Blog and had to have it because I was looking for something similar and that was perfect. Now I need to post the card and hope she likes it. TFL.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Mother's Day Card

I wanted to create a card for my mom this year. I wanted this card to be special but didn't have any idea what I wanted to do. Crafting sites were full of great cards with lots of materials nicely put together. I remembered that I had butterflies from LD's Oh Flutter collection. Re-sized the butterfly in Cameo and cut in different colors. I knew I wanted to emboss the card and used the Lifestyle Craft's Zig Zag folder. Texture Boutique was having hard time embossing nicely for some reason and that bothered me. I embossed in two different direction to make an X marked emboss. Patterned paper was adhered to the embossed cardstock. Then I created a label with sentiment on it with Cameo. That turned out nice and attached with pop up adhesive to give dimension. Lastly, butterflies adhered with glue dots and jewels added on it. I am really happy with the end result.